There are many types of addictions. Some that we think of like illegal drugs, alcohol, and gambling because we
hear about them all of the time. There are other addictions though that we rarely hear of like food addictions,
prescription drug addictions, and sexual addictions. At Champions Christian Counseling we can help you to
identify and deal with many different types of addictions, even if you aren't sure if what you are dealing with
is considered an addiction or not.
Screening Questions for Alcohol Abuse
- Have you had a period when your drinking—or being sick from drinking—often interfered with taking care of your home or family?
- Have you had a period when your drinking—or being sick from drinking—caused job troubles?
- Have you had a period when your drinking—or being sick from drinking—caused school problems?
- Have you more than once driven a car or other vehicle while you were drinking? Or after having had too much to drink?
- Have you gotten into situations while drinking or after drinking that increased your chances of getting hurt—like swimming, using heavy machinery, or walking in a dangerous area or around heavy traffic?
- Have you gotten arrested, been held at a police station, or had any other legal problems, because of your drinking?
- Have you continued to drink even though you knew it was causing you trouble with your family and friends?
- Have you gotten into physical fights while drinking or right after drinking?
- Have you found that you have to drink much more than you once did to get the effect you want? Or that your usual number of drinks has much less effect on you than it once did?
- When the effects of alcohol are wearing off, have you had trouble sleeping? Found yourself shaking? Nervous? Nauseous? Restless? Sweating? Heart beating fast? Have you sensed things that aren't really there? Had seizures?
- Have you taken a drink or used any drug or medicine (other than over-the-counter pain relievers) to keep from having bad aftereffects of drinking? Or to get over them?
If you have answered "yes" to three or more questions, please contact us for more information. We offer both individual and group setting for dealing with addictions. Contact us for more information or for an appointment by calling us at 281-357-4111 or e-mailing us at email@example.com.
Addiction, Prevention, and Recovery Center: 281-357-0074
Champions Christian Counseling
333 S. Cherry Street
Tomball, TX 77375
Never hang back . . . get out there and GO for it!
Everything we do is all about YOU!
Whatever your problems or needs, we can help you find a solution! For more information or schedule and appointment, call 281-357-4111
Caring. Helping. Faithful. Healing.